Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Things are beginning to settle down a bit here on the home front.
My foot surgery went well and
I am so ecstatic that it's behind me now.
It'll be a slow healing process but I'm so looking forward to being able to go for hikes again.
I know this sounds cliche, but it is so spot on.
I took my mobility for granted until I lost it.
Why does it so often take loss to fully appreciate what we have.
I know from experience that it's possible to travel along our enlightened path,
the path that leads to our highest self
without calling upon struggle and suffering to show us the way.
Such an important realization and yet I so often forget.

The good news....My camera just arrived freshly repaired from the Canon factory.
They even repaired it under warranty. Yipee! I was somewhat skeptical about the whole warranty thing. It's so vague and sketchy.
There's lots of non-warranty wiggle room, but I'm pleased to report that Canon stood behind their product and handled the whole process quite professionally.

Since the balcony is the extent to which I can travel.
I took a shot of today's view from my balcony

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. As for the goats fur, yes, it is soft kind of wavy as babies. As adults, it is a little more wirey but soft as long as they are healthy. Their fur gets rather prickly if they are sick. Glad to hear your foot surgery went well...I had foot surgery myself 1 year ago and glad I did.

Fashionably Adorned said...

what a great view!!